WELCOME TO KATIE'S PLACE

Saturday, December 29, 2007

Its Saturday , again




Hello dear friends, Hope everyone had a wonderful day. It was a nice day, plenty of sunshine.
We had company from Dallas. Our granddaughter,Amy and her husband, and our daughter Debra .We had a good dinner, and a nice visit with everyone. We still have some things to take down from Christmas,decorations etc. ,but my husband helped me take the tree down and store it away. We have enjoyed the time spent with friends , and loved ones, during Christmas and we are always so thankful, to our dear Lord for His love, and our good health that He blesses us with, and for having a wonderful family , and friends.
Well ,the New Year will be coming in soon , guess we will have our black eyed peas, and corn bread,and probably some cabbage too. (smile)

Wishing one and all a happy and prosperous
New Year.


God Bless You All Love, from Katie and family

4 comments:

Karen H. said...

Good Evening Ms. Katie,
I'm glad you had a good visit with your Family. It's always nice to be able to have Family around and visit. Yes my friend, the New Year is just around the corner. I went today and bought some Black-Eyed Peas to cook for the New Year. My Mom brought me a ham hock on Christmas Eve. I put it in the freezer and will put that in the peas. I bought a head of cabbage also today. It was 3lbs. for $1.00. I'm not sure yet if I will cook it on New Year's Day, but I bought it anyway. I will make some homemade buttermilk cornbread to go with our peas. My mouth is watering for them already. LOL. Take care my friend and have a great evening and Sunday. May God Bless You and Yours. In case you don't post anything before the New Year, "HAPPY NEW YEAR" to you and yours from our Family.

Hugs,
Karen H.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Simply Shelley said...

Hi Moma Dear, glad you had a good visit with Deb today. Sorry I couldn't come over today,but Loyd and I went to eat at Olive Garden with the gift card Kathy got us for Christmas. We really enjoyed it . They have some sweet peach tea that is so good,but they charge 2.50 for a glass. Next time we will stick with the ice water.(smile)I don't know when the next time will be because we can't afford it. Guess, we will wait until the kids give us another gift card.(lol)
Be seeing you soon, lov ya Shelley

Cheryl said...

Happy New Year, Katie!! You have such a sweet family.

Take care.
Cheryl